American Heat Treating strives to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and is committed to strengthening the business by reinforcing the emphasis placed on quality and service. American Heat Treating has a process to motivate employees to achieve quality objectives, to make continual improvements, and to create an environment to promote innovation.
Our Strengths in Quality Control
- ISO 9001:2015 QMS
- Clear understanding of customer technical & performance requirements
- PPAP responsibilities
- QMS is based on the C=0 rule
- Strong calibration department
- Perform internal T.U.S. and S.A.T. as required
- KPI’s reviewed monthly
- Furnaces equipped with modern SSI systems to record time and temperature in real time. We can print you a copy of your run if needed
- An extremely robust QMS
- On time RC/CA generated (if needed)
- We provide any and all hardness & metallography testing per your requirements:
- Rockwell testing,
- Vickers testing,
- Knoop testing,
- Superficial testing,
- Core hardness,
- Effective case hardness and characterization,
- Microstructure, and more.
Maintaining a high level of heat treating quality requires both management systems that control the processing of work from start to finish and a highly skilled work force. Our documented and certified Quality Management System covers everything from order entry to final inspection and is CQI-9 compliant as well as IATF 16949 compliant.
We received our ISO 9001:2015 Certification in November of 2017 and we are currently pursuing NADCAP Accredidation for Heat Treating. We are very proud that over 40% of our workforce has been here for 15 years or more. Their experience and know-how is priceless.
We are on General Motors Approved Supplier List and we have maintained a Federal Firearms License (FFL) for many years. Almost all of our furnaces are equipped with modern SSI systems that record time and tempertature “real time.” We can also produce a digital chart for your needs at any time.
We maintain a Metrology Lab that is 2nd to none. Our technicians are more than knowledgeable when it comes to hardness testing. We can perform surface hardness testing, core hardness testing, effective case testing and just about anything else that your company may require.
Our instrumentation is top of the line.